Mandatory training is a requirement based upon the responsibility for nursing staff to work in a safe manner. The training modules in the Mandatory Training Course are appropriate in depth to the level of understanding needed.
Our Mandatory Training Courses provide nurses and nursing staff with proven traditional classroom training, practical involvement and assessments. This enables nurses and care staff to be compliant with their mandatory training requirements.
All nurses and care staff whether part time or full time or agency workers.
To enable nursing staff to meet their mandatory training requirements whether induction training, refresher training or annual updates.
The Health and Safety Group has developed Mandatory Training for NHS Trusts and Agencies to cover the statutory and mandatory content. Our Mandatory Training Course covers the following modules:
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Safety at Work
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Caldicott Principles
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Infection Control
- Food Hygiene
- Manual Handling – (Includes Practical Session)
- Basic Life Support including CPR – (Includes Practical Session)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Conflict Management
- Lone Working
· The Training Course is a minimum of 6 hours expert classroom training.
· All mandatory training modules are completed on the same day and a full one year certificate is issued to each delegate upon completion.
· All our mandatory training trainers are fully qualified
· Places on Mandatory Training Courses at our venue are ONLY £49 per person!
The nursing regulator, the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is proposing that nurses and midwives renew their registration under a new system called ‘revalidation’. This process is likely to start in April 2016. One of the requirements is for nurses to show evidence of 40 hours of CPD required over a three year period.
The mandatory training course could contribute to your individual Continual Professional Development and any delegate attending HSG classroom Mandatory Training Course has our full permission to submit this training as evidence for CPD achievements for Nurses and Midwives revalidation requirements.
Mandatory training is compulsory in order for nurses and care staff to meet their post-registration training needs. Mandatory training guidelines are not generic for all nurses or care staff. It is up to the employer to decide but, broadly Mandatory Training refers to core modules of resuscitation, fire safety and people handling / lifting.
Mandatory training keeps safety awareness at a maximum for nurses and care staff. The nursing industry cannot afford to ignore mandatory training as it helps with staff confidence and legal compliance. Mandatory Training also helps develop public confidence in the healthcare services they receive.
Mandatory training ensures that nurses are up to speed with the most up-to-date techniques, especially in areas such as people handling new technology means that new equipment is being developed all the time. People handling is an area where Mandatory Training techniques are super critical – poor techniques can put patients and carers at serious risk of injury.
The healthcare industry needs to support mandatory training for the process to work but staff commitments can make it difficult for some nurses and care staff to attend mandatory training. This is why The Health and Safety Group has made Mandatory Training accessible and affordable. At a time when training budgets are being challenged our mandatory training courses are a breath of fresh air. Book your place today!
Skills for care training mandoatroy for care certificate.
Following the recommendations of the Cavendish Report 2013, The Care Certificate was introduced to:
- Build on and replace the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS)
- Set out specific learning outcomes, competences and standards that will ensure caring and compassionate quality of care.
The Care Certificate course is available for all care workers, healthcare assistants and social care support workers:
- Who are new to the workplace or new to care (within first 12 weeks)
- Or existing staff requiring refresher training
The Care Certificate delivers public confidence in the provision of healthcare services and sets out a benchmark to which standards can be assessed.
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a Person Centred Way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Infection Prevention and Control
There’s two parts to the Care Certificate:
- Demonstrating competence at work
We’re here to help you with the training bit – our high impact classroom training course can be delivered by our experts at your place of work OR you can attend an open course
Our ‘Care Certificate Training Classroom Course’ delivers the knowledge care workers, healthcare assistants and social care workers need to help them towards achieving the Care Certificate.
This means that once we have provided the training your employer still needs to see evidence that you can practice what you have learnt in the workplace –
You will be issued with a Care Certificate workbook on the day of training and you will record knowledge gained on the assessments pages.
Your tutor will then provide you with a unique stamp validating the training you have received.
This book can then be taken with you into the workplace for employers to sign off once this knowledge has been demonstrated.
Then your employer applies for your certificate
- The Care Certificate Training Course is mapped to the ‘Skills for Care’ – Care Certificate Standards
- This high impact course includes practical interaction, demonstrations + expert video content. All modules are completed the same day
- Our new Care Certificate workbook allows all delegates to record knowledge gained and assessments undertaken into one book. This book can then be taken with them into the workplace for employers to sign off once this knowledge has been demonstrated
- All our Care Certificate trainers are fully qualified professionals