Healthcare Professionals with the responsibility of receiving, storing, administering and disposing of medication.
Medication administration is an essential and key area of user/patient care.
Medication can be dangerous when misused but when used effectively is a very powerful tool to alleviate symptoms and improve or prolong a persons life.
Healthcare workers are not only responsible for the safe delivery of medication but also upholding dignity, encouraging independence and respecting choices the service user/patient makes. This is an excellent refresher course for any member of the healthcare team.
Students will be able to:
- Identify relevant legislation
- Understand the 7’R’s of medication administration
- Recognise common medication
- Understand the importance of record keeping
- Identify prescribed medication
- Understand common errors that can occur
- The 7 rights of medication administration
- Classification & Types of medication
- Routes into the body
- Maintaining records – MARs
- Prescribing Medication
- Types & Reasons for errors
- Storing & Disposing of medication
- Self-Administration & supporting independence
- Contra indications, allergies and overdoses
- Monitoring Dosage Systems
This face to face course gets to the heart of Medication Administration, delivering all the information students need in a high impact 3-4 hour session.
We currenlty only offer medication training on a face to face basis.
This is a specialist course and so please contact us for more information